Since Foodie Friday is on a slight hiatus as I get ready for a solo #tripnorth to my alma mater, I decided to keep it light and random.
1. My new favorite blog Annapolis Chatter – a blog I had a (small) hand in creating written by a gal pal of mine about the news you won’t find on the Capital or Eye on Annapolis. She’s like a pseudo-Wonkette of Annapolis and I loved Wonkette before it went to crap.
2. Shape Magazine featured a bunch of baller bloggers about their favorite workout songs. Which reminded me I need to update my workout playlist. It’s just kind of m’eh right now. Suggestions welcome.
3. Did you see my blog makeover? It wasn’t a big deal but I was bored with the old design. Stop on in and check ‘er out. Now to finish up the other blog I’m working on – there’s a few CSS kinks I’ve been working out that are driving me crazy and making me stall.
4. Had a really rough rough day yesterday. One of those days where I just wanted to curl up in the husbands arms, or you know, in the bathroom stall at work (oh come on, you’ve been there, don’t deny it…). So I may be booking a 2nd trip to San Antonio because I need to. You know how you just have those moments when you realize everything you thought were doing was either wrong or pointless? That the promises you were made that you thought were going towards something are really going towards nothing? I just broke. Something broke in me and I really just…need the husband more than ever.
5. Fitsugar had a great post about the winter weight gain (don’t lie you know what this is…) and how to avoid it. My favorite? The “it’s too cold to workout” excuse – despite my AM workout woes, I enjoy running in the cold and in the snow. Do I do it often? Wellp, it hasn’t been too cold and it’s only snowed once here. Though I didn’t run in our 36 hours in Vermont so there’s that. But I did run in 30 degree weather when I went to VT in November. So cold weather consider you pwned. At least once this season.
6. Though I failed at working out every day this week – I did workout 4 days and I’m bringing workout clothes up north so perhaps I can fit in a yoga class tomorrow AM (this means I don’t have to pack my sneaks – trying to pack light!) This AM? I fit in a speed workout – I try to fit one in a week, I know how important speed workouts are to build endurance so I might as well get in the habit before my half marathon training starts next week or so. Note to self: make training plan.
.5 mile warmup @ 5.7 (10:43/mi)
5×400 @ 7.0 (8:43/mi)
with 400 m breaks @ 5.7 (10:43/mi)
.5 mi cooldown @ 5.7 (10:43/mi)
Total: 3.25 mi in ~34:00
Then I kicked my own bum with a 20 minute abs workout –
3 sets of:
1 min plank
25 reverse crunches
15 v-ups (lifting legs and neck up with hands under hips – but do NOT use your elbows, I know its tempting)
25 regular crunches
15 knee lifts on the standing ab machine thing – i don’t know what it’s called but you balance on elbows and bring knees to chest.
BAM. Now I’m off to finish getting ready and head out to get a couple of last minute items.
Got any big plans for the weekend pals? What are your favorite tunes at the moment to workout to??