Each year I set goals, and each year I either fail miserably or just fail to keep track. Or both. But this year..I will do better. Not to mention I have to update my 30 before 30 list!
1. Run a sub 2 hour half marathon and a sub 5 hour marathon. Shooting for the National Half Marathon and either Marine Corps or NYC for my fifth marathon. Also considering the Baltimore Half Marathon in early October.
2. Be enrolled in a program to obtain my nutrition and weight loss management consultant certification. Looking at either the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, or the AFPA. Unless I find a program that’s better. But most likely, will start with the AFPA, and move on to the IIN when I can you know…afford it.
3. Lose that twenty pounds. I lost 15 in 2010. Gained 5-10 back when we moved to Maryland in November. Goal weight: 120. Starting with the Bikini Bodies Bootcamp at Premier Fitness in the first three weeks of January. And half marathon training. Major change to the eating habits since I really lost track of those in the past few months.
4. Read 52 books. Self explanatory. One book a week.
5. Cook one new recipe a month. Record them on the blog. Be healthy (or entirely unhealthy. that’s okay too.)
6. Coach in some facet, either with Girls on the Run or with a local high school. I’ve met people from GOTR-Chesapeake, and I’ve met a few coaches from local high schools. I just need to figure out what’s going to work for me 🙂
7. Work harder to get myself out of debt. No explanation needed. Part of helping this? Hubs getting a god damned job.
8. Run 12 races. On the list: St. Patricks Day 8k, National Half Marathon, Cooper River Bridge Run, and I’m sure there will be others in the first and second halves of the year. Others of interest? Annapolis ten miler, Baltimore Half Marathon, Jingle All the Way 10k, Turkey Trot 5k, Army 10miler, Rock and Roll Half Marathon. And of course either NYC marathon or MCM.
I didn’t set too many goals because I didn’t want to ruin the authenticity, attainability, reality and timeliness of them.
What are your biggest resolutions of 2011???