For the longest time, Valentine’s Day was one of my least favorite holidays. Usually, bad things happened – I’d get dumped, I’d be unable to celebrate, or whatever the case may have been back in my pre-Hubs days. Nowadays, we’re kind of over Valentine’s Day.
This year, we’re getting small gifts but there will be no date night – movie night, with some sushi and wine and some canoodling with an early bedtime is probably how Sunday night is going to go.
But, for as much as I love treating hubs and Little Man on valentine’s (my forever Valentine’s if you will), I also love treating my gal pals. Seriously, gal pals – through the years – have gotten me through thick and thin. From my college besties to my PTA pals – the friends that have lasted through the years I value so so dearly – even if we’re notoriously terrible about staying in touch sometimes (especially with my college pals). Enter, Galentine’s Day. I don’t know when this became a BFD, but I’m kind of glad it did.
Here are five easy ideas to treat your best gal pal this weekend – or anytime – because you don’t need to just treat your bestie on Galentine’s Day, any random day will do!
- Fun Wine Glass (add in a bottle of wine, or a bottle of champagne and some delightful mixers)
- A pretty candle – I burn candles like it’s my job and love new and interesting ones- anyone else?
- Something Sweet like MilkBar Cookies (or other fun cookies work also! Whatever her favorite sweet treat is. And tell her to enjoy it guilt-free.
- Mantra Bracelet Because we can all use some uplifting jewelry, no?|
- Fuzzy Slippers because everyone needs a pair of these – I wear mine every day in the house (Mine are from this boutique)
Bonus: A good book about friendship because why not?
Got any good Galentine’s ideas or other fun ways to show your best pals how much you appreciate them?
P.S. Download our 21 days of Showing love checklist to get 21 days of ideas to show the ones you love how much you appreciate them.
This post may contain affiliate links that may generate revenue to the author at no cost to you. All opinions are my own.