This week’s Friday Five link up is about race memories. I keep thinking back to what made racing so excited as I struggle with my relationship with running these days. I’ve had some epic races – and while I’ll probably never be running a sub 8 minute mile or qualifying for the Boston marathon, some of my PR’s and So let’s recap on some of my favorite race memories.
1. VT City Marathon 2009 – my marathon PR of 5:31. It was the best race, I gave it my all and having my family out there supporting me meant so, so much!
2. Unplugged Half Marathon 2012. My half marathon PR that I ran for my 29th birthday that started in my hometown of Colchester, VT and finished in Burlington. Again my family was there which was huge. Especially since I now know that my grandparents who are so dear to me probably won’t ever see me run a race again.
3. Hopkins Triathlon 2012. My first triathlon. At a winery. So fun. The weather was perfect and while I didn’t feel my best, a week later we learned that Baby Schmidt was on his way (that explained a lot!)! Still though, was an awesome race!
4. Tiger Trot 2012. A small-ish race in Edgewater but it was the first race that Adam and I ran together and it was a PR for me. Still to date my fastest 5k at 28:09.
5. Zooma 10k 2013. My first post-baby race. Not my fastest but running a 10k 10 weeks post-baby was a huge accomplishment.