I saw on facebook this morning that it’s been FIFTEEN years since I moved into my freshman dorm in Boston. How has it already been fifteen flipping years?! Fifteen years since I moved away from home, everything I knew and became a city dweller if you will. Over the next five years, I would learn so much – about myself, about where I wanted to go in life. About politics, passion, friendships, love, relationships and taking care of myself. I would make friends, lose friends, make more friends who change my life. Some of my best friends have been around for almost half my life now. Some of my favorite memories live on as if they were yesterday. Fifteen flipping years friends. Fifteen years.
In other life news, we’re off to the beach this weekend. Third time’s a charm since our last two trips got canceled because of tropical storms. I have my second duathlon of the year tomorrow (last multisport race of this year), and the weather is just…perfect and supposed to BE perfect all weekend. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Here are five things that caught my attention this week across the interwebs.
- Take back your lunch hour – something i think many of us can improve upon. I make it a point to get out – go out with colleagues or go read a book.
- 20 EASY things to improve your life. I like #’s 5, 8, 10, 12, 18 and 20.
- If you don’t listen to the Coffee & Crumbs podcast, I highly recommend it. It’s seriously like having coffee with fellow mama’s who just GET IT . I loved this working moms episode (two parter!) with Kelsey from the Girl Next Door podcast.
- A friend of mine sent me these Marketing jokes from Hubspot. I’m a big fan of punny jokes so these totally made my day.
- Who says you can’t wear white after labor day? Brighton has some great tips on how to wear it without looking like you’re a walking fashion faux pas.
On the blog
- Hubs and I celebrated seven years of wedded bliss this week
- I shared my love of navy gingham.
- Stay tuned for my fall wishlist and reading list next week!
Happy weekend friends!