Generally, as of late, I’ve been on my blogger A-game, this week? Not so much. Traveling this past weekend and trying to get our life all organized again and keep the baby preperations going takes a lot out of me.
- Looking to organize your online life? Check out the buffer app on Google Chrome – Then Heather Said does a great walk through of it, I’m looking forward to giving it a shot this weekend!
- I still don’t think I understand fully the benefits of Pinterest other than looking at all the pretty outfits I can’t wear (for now at least). But Doniree gives eight creative ways to use it to promote your brand/website or blog!
- I’m a big fan of the projects over on Young House Love but I LOVE this family photo display that they did with their instagram photos. I’m sure once I take pictures of baby schmidt and not just the kittens, I’ll complete this one 🙂
- Hear about that new Facebook search function where stalkers can see EVERYTHING you’ve searched for? Katy Widrick does a great explanation of it and how to clear your searches. Still confused? Check out the Huffington Post article on it all.
- Finally, an amazing post on the tough decisions of being a parent which REALLY hit home since Jaclyn is a local blogger and her struggles with finding daycare and all that jazz – well…they’re about to be ours too. (More on all that in Feb…when our maternity leave/child care decisions get all finalized.)
- Going on Goals posted this delightful looking Buffalo Quinoa Mac and Cheese. I think this is something I can get Adam behind – he’s been all anti-carbs as he struggles not to gain all my pregnancy weight and keep up with his requirements for the military (harder when you lose your workout partner) – but I like mac and cheese. He likes quinoa and buffalo. What could be a better compromise?
- NeverHomeMaker gives a great recipe to make baked sweet potato fries – I’ve tried to make these before but I’m looking forward to giving this recipe a go since I failed the first time around (sans recipe then).
- Mindy from Just a One Girl Revolution shares an amazing black bean enchillada recipe – I’m a sucker for mexican so I can’t wait to give this one a shot!
- Adam has been obsessed with trying to make dumplings at home. We’ve made them before but I’m excited to give this dim sum recipe from My Pink Thumb a shot – since it looks simpler than the FIVE HOURS it took us to make them last time.
- I saw a tweet from Courtney over at Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life about a tomato butternut squash mac and cheese (can you tell I big fat puffy heart mac and cheese these days?) and I saw the recipe and this will be on my menu. Soon.
Any great blogs or posts I missed this week?? Happy weekend everyone!!!