Happy April happy spring my friends!
Once upon a time, I used to set monthly goals for myself and share them on here. Recently, I realized I really need to get back to that. Like… stat. It was a great way to hold myself accountable for all of the life things. I’m taking a couple weeks off from training before Zooma Training kicks off, so I want to try some new workouts.
Intention wise, it’s about balance. Because of the travel that hubs and I have, the family that’s coming to town, I want to make sure that we make time for the three of us, time for hubs and I and time for myself. Balancing those three things is never easy but it’s most important when we’re the busiest.
- Work out four times per week. I’m not training for anything just yet – my next race is a 5k in May and the Zooma 10k in June. I want 2 of those workouts to be running, 1 to be yoga and 1 to be spinning ideally. BUT I just bought Beachbody on demand for myself so on days when I can’t fit in cardio, i have strength options.
- Do a mobile boot camp. I’ve been tracking my phone usage – and I spend a lot of time on my phone. Mindless time mostly, but I read about an app on Ashley’s blog and I’ve been trying it out and I think I’m ready to do the boot camp.
- Take a design course. My designer at work is on maternity leave so I’ve had to dabble in a few edits and creating a few pieces of my own. Canva and adobe both some great training resources so I would love to take one just to expand my knowledge base.
- Write more. I keep setting 1 – 2x/week goals for myself. It shouldn’t be hard. But it has been. I have a little bit of free time this month despite family visiting two weeks, hubs having a 4 day trip and me spending my birthday in Texas. I really want to take advantage of some of this time to get writing in and get back to an editorial calendar. Once I get a writing schedule and an editorial calendar back in place, I’ll be back in business.
- Make self-care a priority. There are two things I consider self-care – yoga and an afternoon of me-time. I’ve been reprioritizing yoga, but it’s tough to get in some solo time that’s not solely for working out. With all that we have going on (family visiting two weekends, a business trip and hubs being away for four days) I need to make sure that my introverted self doesn’t forget about self-care which is imperative for resetting myself.
What are your goals for April?