Week…eight?! Nine? Who knows. As Maryland moves into “Phase 1,” our county is kind of moving a little more slowly. So whereas, in some other spots (though not many, mind you), you can get your hurrr did, here, salons can only have one stylist and one customer at a time. So we’re not there yet. I’m okay with it. I’ve been spending days with little man, alternating between loving him to bits and being fascinated by his curiosity and being so frustrated with him that I want to throw things. It’s a peculiar place to be as a parent.
BUT this week we got a bunch of house stuff done – including getting the garden ready, choosing some paint colors for a master bath facelift, and starting down the path to replace the boob lights all around the house starting with the living room fan.
The past couple weeks, I’ve been… really considering all the things around the blog – and while I AM committed to this little All Good Things series – which WILL become an email (go sign up!) newsletter, I haven’t mentally committed myself to it until now.
- These ideas from businesses that are making it work are on point.
- Not gonna lie, can’t wait to read this tell-all (tell me you weren’t an ANTM fan back in the 2000s?)
- Adding this gem to my to be read list. Also, Rodham because Curtis Sittenfeld is just brilliant (I LOVED American Wife which was a fictional biography inspired by Laura Bush, so this has GOT to be good.)
- Internet trolls have been around since the beginning but I love that social networks are stepping up to stop them.
- Women have been hit harder by unemployment during the pandemic. Read this and this for great analysis.
- Parenting during quarantine. I think we can all relate to this. I definitely cried when Maryland closed schools for the rest of the year.
- I need to rewatch Center Stage STAT. Also, how has it been 20 years?!?
- How to change your unproductive habits.
- Old Navy is selling face masks (cue all the heart eye emojis)
- These JCrew Factory leopard print sandals are on repeat and they’re a steal at $16!
- This knotted tee from my friend’s boutique is 100% perfect – from leggings to shorts. I have it in 2 colors and it’s a favorite basic. If you’re local, she does free delivery!
- This jumpsuit is perfect for the lazy girl’s wardrobe (while still being on style)
- New shorts (under $20!) – I usually live in white shorts, BUT I’m branching out with these. Stay tuned for some flat lays this week. Also kind of eyeing these and these as well…
Good For You
The best running shoes that absorb impact outdoors. I’m a Brooks girl through and through but i LOVE these recommendations.
How to find a therapist. So many are moving to virtual visits, and taking care of ourselves includes our mental health. So, consider looking for a therapist if you find yourself struggling with mental health. It’s nothing to be ashamed of.
I was so proud to be a part of this project with Junior League of Annapolis. Unfortunately, there are a lot of challenges facing food banks in general. This week, JLA announced a partnership with Feed Anne Arundel to help serve meals to those in need while also keeping restaurants in business. It’s so flipping awesome to see so much good going on in the community.
This week, I start working again with my first contracted client (check out my biz over here), and its hubs’s birthday so it should be a good week – despite all the rain Mr. Weatherman says we’re going to get. Insert all the eye rolls here.