Last year, I feel like I had a good year. Mostly.
I set my 2015 intentions and set off on my merry way for the year. Then I kind of forgot about them. My intentions this year are similar. Ish. I don’t necessarily think intentions should change drastically year to year because these are still the intentions I want to live my life by: take care of myself. be a good mom. be a good wife. be present in life. challenge myself. work hard. be passionate about my work and be an expert. It’s a lot but these are the intentions that I want to focus on every day. Last year, I just set those intentions.
I did not complete ANY of my 2015 goals….I think I need a better plan to you know follow through.
…I am not registered for a 2016 Half Ironman
…I did not bike a century ride. I would still like to do that but I’m not sure this is the year.
…No sub 2:15 half marathon…no half marathons actually.
…I did NINE races…so close to 12 but yet so far.
However, I also accomplished a number of OTHER things.
- I did start a new job with a hefty salary increase. Working on the whole inbound marketing expert thing.
- I did coach/mentor a 10k group. Not 25 people, but it was a great group.
- I did place in my Age Group for the first time ever at the Hagerstown Duathlon.
- I did rebrand my blog. But didn’t quite blog consistently. At all.
This year, my goals/intentions are
- Run more. It makes me feel good, balanced and helps my weight loss goals. Why wouldn’t I? I don’t want to set a mileage goal, but I ran 340 miles in 2015 and I’d really like to hit 500 miles in 2016. That’s an average of 10 miles per week which I think is beyond doable. Considering I have the Zooma Run Love Challenge, Zooma 10k, the MD Sprint Duathlon, Dewey Beach Tri, Across the Bay 10k…among others. I think 500 miles is doable.
- Eat Cleaner. I have a sugar problem. This year? I want to kick it. Like really…really want to kick it. I can’t just have one cookie…i have 5. That’s an issue. So I’m giving up sugar (mostly).
- Be Present. I need to focus more on family when I’m home. Work when I’m at work. Myself when I have the time. It’ll help with my stress levels which will in turn help with other things.
- Write more. I love blogging and social media. I love this space and I hate when I neglect it. I invested a decent amount of time and energy into my rebrand and I need to reinvest to keep it going and to keep my mind sharp outside of work.
- Stress less. This goes hand in hand with my be present goal but I want to get back into meditation and more yoga…these are two things i know that keep me balanced so let’s stick to that. For sure.